As always please do not be shy about leaving comments or tips & suggestions! :-D
I love to hear from readers!
Every rider has a Bucket List of equestrian activities they'd like to achieve some day if possible.
Mine include but are not in anyway limited to the following:
- Try side-saddle, you have got to check out Equestrian Reality's hilarious blog to find out where my enthusiasm has come from.
- Try Western
- Try Polo - I really want to go back to Argentina for a week of this!
- Learn to Drive Nancy
- Learn Horseback Archery - the equine osteo i use for the horses does it!
Ride on the beach- Done August 2013! Ride my own horse(s) on a beach- Links to posts about our 2 week adventure on the Dutch coast.
- One, Two, Three - I am once again reminded that I STILL haven't gotten the few beach photos off my friend *Le-Shame*
- Go to Aachen, Hickstead, Olympia, Mechelen, Badminton and/or Burghley and any of the big Parisienne indoor SJ Paloozas (ie: Saut Hermes, Gucci Masters etc) ... heck any and all other horse events within traveling distance would be epic!
- Hit up as many neighbouring Global Champion Tour legs as possible - First - LGCT Antwerp - April 2014
- Go to Kentucky in general & particular the KHP, maybe for a Rolex weekend if I can swing it
- Spruce Meadows - Calgary
- Go on a trekking and/or safari on horseback holiday
- Adding Horse takeover of NYC's Central Park, I am hoping this becomes and annual event - so that i might get there some day .
Personal riding goals
- Return to working on lateral work with Kika namely leg yielding & shoulder in, L works on it with her but I haven't done any in ages as I never felt comfortable doing it on my own so don't want to give mixed messages.
- Do more work on flying changes and learn to ask for them without the help of a pole over which to ask for the change (only time I've done it - thankfully she changes herself when jumping and/or the jumps we are doing low enough for the moment that if she is wrong we can still get over them)
- Learn to turn on the haunches & forehand
- Keep working on the basics with Nancy and develop our bond.
As with any equestrian, this list is subject to change as goals are ticked off and new ones born!
PS: All photos have been pinched c/o google images & I claim no copyright!
Last updated December 2014